So, we're slowly building an arsenal of traditions. My mom always says that traditions often happen when you least expect them, and while I believe that's true I'd also like to expect some -- so I've been reading people's blogs with a great deal of interest this Christmas. My kids are definately at an age where they both remember -- they expect things to happen.
Don't feel like we do nothing, we've done a lot of stuff each year.
- We go to the temple for their dance concert, to look at the lights, and then we eat at Fudrucker's on the way home.
- We go to Bethelehem at our local Baptist Church
- The ward Christmas party
- Orange Rolls on Christmas morning with tiny sausages
- Mom making sure no one opens too many packages on Christmas day so that we can haul the Christmas spirit well into the new year.
- Deep cleaning -- yes, it's a tradition, one that Drew is not so fond of, actually.
I'm thinking about making these for our New Years Party tonight (so if I never blog again, I think we'll all realize it was a heart attack).