I've been pretty darn crafty lately. The kids were complaining last night that they didn't have aprons (actually, they do -- but they're not functional in the slightest) so I made these adjustable aprons from dishcloths. We got a set of 3 dishcloths for 3.99 at Ross and then we drove to Joann's and picked out grosgrain ribbon for the ties. I found a tutorial for them here. I measured each kid's appropriate chest (which gave me the top measurement) and then from the top of their shirt to their waistline and then minused a couple of inches. That's how I decided how to angle the tops (so Spencer's isn't tying below his bum). It's kind of hard to explain. TOTALLY easy though. I haven't cut off the fabric on the back -- I still can, but I kind of like that it's not going to fray if I leave it like this. I think my total cost for these was 6 bucks. For both -- and I still have one more dishcloth. Pretty fancy eh?
Finally comes my super fantastic blog book (looks like some greasy little fingers have already found the cover). I adore it, it's over 350 pages long and I love how many pictures I thought to include in my blog during those 2 years. MAkes it a great family history album. Total cost for this was freakishly outraeous at 100 bucks, but it's one of a kind and you won't find this one etsy. It take take forever, but I am glad I did it.
Anyway, I miss it when I'm not creative. I mean, my back still hurts from sewing those clips last night... but I do find a lot of joy in fondling the finished product. If anyone wants further tutorial in making any of these, let me know. Really -- all were VERY simple (well, not the blurb book -- but it's worth it).