But, that doesn't mean that I am not trying to entertain my kids like a seal at Sea World. :) Here's what we've done in the past
- A trip to the dollar store for tiny things that I wrap in newspaper. It's just so gosh darn exciting to unwrap a present.
- We have 100 mile prizes. Each morning, Drew will reset his odometer and we give out a prize each 100 miles that we travel. Sometimes it's a treat, sometimes it's a game we all play, or sometimes it's a toy. I have actually done 100 mile tickets, but it's a LOT of work and while the kids adore them, I think that's something I could only do back when I had just 2 kids. :)
- Music. I try and vary the music so everyone's happy. Also, I try and make it set the mood. Like Enya when I want some REST from those people in the back. It usually works. :)
- We play the ABC game -- where you find the letters of the alphabet in order. This is a really fun one, less fun going through Nevada where your only choice is lisence plates of passing cars, but it's still good. Sometimes we play where we find someTHING that starts with those letters instead of the actual letters.
- Car BINGO. I've found some good game boards for those online. Kids love them. Again, not so great in Nevada. Did I mention most everything isn't so great in NEvada. Except, of course the brothel coffee houses? :)
- P has a little "car purse" that I give her that has a few toys in it. She loves having her own little bag and it helps keeps things a little more organized then chucking a toy at her every 10 minutes. :)